IPL Hair Removal
- Intense pulsed light (IPL) or flash lamp therapy is a non-invasive and non-ablative treatment that uses high intensity pulses of visible light to improve the appearance of the following skin problems:
- Vascular lesions including spider angiomas, port wine stains, broken facial veins, rosy cheeks, rosacea and red thread veins of the legs
- Freckles and age marks
- Facial lines and wrinkles
- Removal of unwanted dark hair
- The procedure of rejuvenating aged skin is referred to as photo-rejuvenation and requires a series of IPL treatments.
- IPL may also be helpful for mild to moderate acne and stretch marks.
- IPL systems work on the same principles as lasers, where light energy is absorbed into particular target cells with colour (chromophores) in the skin.